Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer 2010

So as you can see, I haven't posted anything in over a year. I've been a little busy with baby #4, Loic. I do plan to get back into this, and post more recipes that are vegan, and even raw, as I'm experimenting with that now. The kids aren't too keen on raw yet, but they are ok with some things. The goal is to make everything fun. Like smoothies for breakfast, sliced apples & cashew butter as a dip for snacks, and huge salads for dinner. Lately I hate cooking, not only because I don't have time, but who wants to heat up the kitchen in summer? Our vegetable garden is flourishing right now. So we've been eating salads consisting of 3 different spring green type lettuces, julienned zucchini and yellow squash, sliced radishes, fresh raw peas, grape tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, and whatever we find in the pantry like pumpkin seeds, gomashio, sunflower seeds, etc. We still eat fish and poultry every once in a while, but I only buy local. I found out that most ground turkey and whole turkeys are not only injected with chemical broth solutions, but they have added extracts as well. And forget turkey sausage, my son has reactions to that too. The Gansevoort farmer's market has been wonderful for us. I buy my local poultry at one stand, and goat milk and cheese at another, and gluten free baked goods at another. But as I mentioned earlier, I want to learn all I can about raw food right now. I know I feel best when I eat that way. My digestive issues have been getting worse, so I can't pretend they don't exist anymore. I've been stricter to this dairy free, gluten free, soy free diet. I hope to get off sugar and eggs as well. So I'll be experimenting in the kitchen and posting more recipes soon!

Note: One thing I discovered recently was So Delicious coconut milk ice cream and coffee creamer! They are excellent substitutes for the dairy based and soy based ones. I even like the coconut milk on cereal. Yay! for So Delicious! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment