Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Gluten Free Egg Free Raisin Cranberry cookies

I just made this up last minute when I discovered there were no chocolate chips in my pantry.  It's a Tollhouse like recipe with walnuts, and a great texture similar to oatmeal.  It does not have eggs, which is great!  So this recipe is Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, egg free, peanut free, and corn free.

Gluten Free Raisin Cranberry Cookies

2 cups GF flour mix (I mixed my own using rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, xanthan gum Refer to Bette Hagman's mix or another similar one)
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. GF baking powder (Hain Baking Powder is also corn free!)
1/4 t. salt
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white gran. sugar
1 cup Spectrum's Organic Shortening (or 1/2 c. butter/margarine and 1/2 c. shortening)
2 "eggs" worth in Faux Eggs (refer to recipe on the blog)
1 t. GF vanilla extract (Flavorganics, Frontier, Trader Joe's alcohol free, or Simply Organic brands to name a few)
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. medium to finely chopped walnuts (kids don't know there in there!)

Like I said, I made these very last minute.  Sometimes when making cookies, I throw everything in a bowl and whirl it around with electric beaters for a couple minutes.  That definitely worked with these cookies! Beat on low for around 2 minutes or until everything is well combined.  Use a one ounce ice cream scoop to spoon out the dough onto cookie sheets.  I put two full cookie sheets in my oven and rotate them half way through.  So I baked them at 350 for 8-9 minutes, rotate the trays, and move top tray to bottom, bottom tray to top.  Then bake for another 8 minutes roughly.  Watch them closely the last couple minutes as ovens may vary.  Enjoy with cinnamon coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment