Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Faux Eggs

I just got allergy tested recently and discovered that I'm very allergic to corn and eggs, in addition to wheat, dairy, and soy.  But corn and eggs were the highest on the scale there, so I need to eliminate those.  I came across this egg substitute in one of my vegan cookbooks, and I thought I would share it.  It's great for baking.  Today I made blueberry muffins using these "eggs" and they came out wonderful. Here it goes:



Faux Eggs

1/3 cup flax seeds
1 cup water

Blend the flax seeds in a blender or food processor to an even meal.  While the machine is still running, slowly add the water.  Blend another 30 seconds or so till the mixture resembles a thick milkshake.  You can store this in the fridge for 3 to 6 days.  I think 1/4 cup equals one egg.  This recipe supposedly makes the equivalent of 6 eggs. 

I think I'll try this in my pancakes tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment